Good Morning All
I hope you have lots of exciting things planned for 2013 and maybe a party planned for tonight?
I would like to say a BIG THANK YOU to everyone who has helped and supported me through 2012 including Sue at Ice The Cake, Cheryl and John at Ariella Strings, Natasha at MAKEUP Artist Boutique plus many many more.
I would also like to say an even bigger THANK YOU to my mum, Cathie. Mum makes all of the Happy Bags and we fill them with a little help from friends and family.
We spend 4 years and raised £500 for Autism Awareness when we first started selling the Happy Bags, we sent a cheque to the Walnuts school in Milton Keynes every time we reached £100 but out of those 5 cheques they even have the courtesy to say thank you, they only sent 2 thank you letters because one of the parents pestered, so we decided to change charities.
We chose to Cancer Research UK and started just before Christmas 2011, in just over 12 months we have raised over £600! We will continue with this charity now as we have lost several members of our family to cancer.
2012 has seen some amazing things for us.
- February – I became Charms by Joanna
- September – Attended my first Wedding Show organised by Ice the Cake
- September – won Wedding Industry Experts Award for Best Accessories Aylesbury
- November – mum and I delivered 150 wine glass charms (and lots of other goodies including table decorations made by Aria from Crystal Bouquets Boutique) to the Echo Arena in Liverpool to go in Goody Bags for the stars’ dressing rooms at the MOBO Awards – this commission came through Ice The Cake – thank you again Sue
- November – I had a call from the GUBA Awards having seen a photo published on Facebook by the MOBO Awards – they asked if I could also supply them with 150 wine glass charms so I had 1 week to make and deliver them to the Park Plaza Hotel, London.
- November – supplied Happy Bags for the goody bags and attended the Ice The Cake’s Credible and Incredible Wedding Awards
- December – I now have 2 companies stocking a small selection of my wares – Fusion Flowers, Birmingham has 3 shops and Stems of Beauty in High Wycombe.
On another note – I set a challenge on Facebook. I reached 300 likes the other day and so decided to be extra cheeky and see if I can get to 400 before midnight on New Year’s Eve!
If we succeed then the 400th liker will get a mystery gift – but it must be before midnight GMT to count!
Please click on the link below, have a browse through my photos and only click “like” if you actually like what you see
Thank you again for all of your support and here we go into another year.